Little Man's Story, Part Two

Get caught up: Little Man's Story, Part One

I had spent the last week taking care of Sasha and relaxing at home (since I was already on maternity leave).

I celebrated my 27th Birthday with my family and #4 on Sunday, December 17th, 2006. I cooked for everyone and accepted little help, much to my Mom's dismay.

I spent a lazy Monday hanging out with Sasha and having a visit from #4 while awaiting my "real" (on the actual day) Birthday celebration with the Warrior that night. I remember it vividly.

We ordered red chicken curry, basil chicken, chicken pad thai (can you tell I like chicken?), and steamed rice. We were shoe horned into a small table, right in front of the register. Not exactly the mood and ambiance I had wanted for my last baby-free Birthday dinner. We had no idea the restaurant would be so jam packed on a Monday one week before Christmas.

Warrior and I were both so excited. I had spent the week ordering the bassinet, crib, stroller and accoutrements. We held hands across the table and talked about the impending change to our universe. We talked about our first daughter, Sasha, and her sad, sad state. But most of all we talked about Little Bunny, as he was known then.

I had just become noticeably pregnant -- my belly button hadn't even popped -- as I spent the majority of my pregnancy looking like a porker who eats five hot dogs at every sitting (this line courtesy of my brother) unfortunately uneven in my fat distribution. I told Warrior that I didn't have enough "Preggie pictures" -- and that we needed to go home and take some.

This is as big as I got. I am proud of my Belly.

My Belly started shrinking the next day :(

We realized that this was my last Birthday with just the two of us as our little "family." We knew I would be a 27 year old Mama, but we didn't know that Warrior would be a 33 year old Papa. We thought we would have one more just-the-couple Birthday to celebrate, Warrior's 34th, three weeks before our due date.

We went to bed with dreams of Little Bunny and parenthood racing through our heads.

The next morning, Tuesday, December 19th, was uneventful. I went downstairs and brought my cereal back up to our room to be with Sasha (we were taking our meals and living completely upstairs due to her surgery). I surfed the Internet from the La-Z-Boy and enjoyed the sun streaming in through the sliding glass doors.

As I prepared for my nap (I was constantly tired throughout my pregnancy, and napped often -- the luxuries of a first pregnancy!) I noticed a clear discharge that was "different." I thought about it for about a minute, since I had just read in one of those helpful books that you need to watch out for something of that nature, as it could one of the first signs that your water has broken, or you have a leak. I thought, "hmm, that's weird," and then went to sleep.

When I woke up about an hour and a half later, my thighs were wet. Not soaked, but wet. There were also a few small wet spots on the pillowcase of the pillow I was using between my knees. I thought, "either I've peed myself, or my water has broken." I went to the toilet and felt a trickle. I was pretty sure I hadn't peed myself.

So I called the doctor's office, and said, "Hi, this is VDog (not really), I'm at 30 weeks, and I think that my water has broken. I woke up from my nap and my thighs were wet blah blah blah, I could have just peed myself, but I'm pretty sure that my water has broken."

"You're sure?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure."

"Ok, the doctor is on-call at the hospital right now; I'll have her give you a call."

The doctor literally called me back within three minutes. She has always been prompt at returning my calls, but I knew this meant it was SERIOUS.

"Doctor Amy" (she actually says, "this is Amy"; I LOVE that) has a very soothing, calming voice, and it was very reassuring for me to hear her voice. Although what she had to say was not reassuring -- after I told her what had been going on, she said, "Well, it definitely has to be checked out, and the best place to do that is here in Labor & Delivery."

This concludes Part Two. Stay tuned for Part Three where I FREAK OUT!!! and get hospitalized.

I promise to not let so much time lapse between "episodes" Two and Three!


dawn224 said...

Hey, you had medical staff that paid attention! Hooray!

Cutie pic :)

Christine said...

Okay, wow. I want to hear what happens next!

Unknown said...

I'm sure that was a terrifying moment. I'm sorry my b-day was so not fun for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is scary. More, please.

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Hurry up with the rest, 'k?


Anonymous said...

Hi Vdog! You delurked on my site today (and I'm thrilled, thanks!) - and now you've got me hooked. I need more of the story.

I know the end (kinda, since I see Little Man's pictures (cute!)), but the journey is one of the best parts.

I'll be back!

Veronica Foale said...

You mean I will have to keep checking back? LOL.

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued!! Can't wait for PIII.

Al_Pal said...

Adorable preggie pics, and such vivid descriptions!

Anonymous said...

you look HOT in those pics! ;) tee hee..maybe someday i'll see it in person and hopefully much much bigger than that.

Unknown said...

Yes. Hot prego! And you're all belly.

Note: anyone reading this please realize the comment is less creepy if you knew the context.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for telling labor stories-- AND showing proud "preggie pics!"

Anonymous said...

aaaahhhh! i already know most of what happens, and i still can't wait to read the rest!

hmmm...i'm having flashbacks now! ;-)

Post a Comment

Please be nice. Moderation is ON.


Blog Designed by: NW Designs